Criteria and guidelines used for awarding grants
- Applicant must be attending conference or meeting of relevance to his specialty or subspecialty interests.
- Applicant may be from any other allied medical professions but meeting or site to be visited must be related to the field of radiology - either diagnostic or therapeutic and including nuclear medicine.
- Preference will be given to applicants presenting papers or posters at the meeting and which have been accepted by the organizers.
- Applicant must not have received a similar grant in the last 2 years.
- Applicant must not be funded from other sources. If funding from other sources e.g. employer hospital, other grants, then Trust fund contribution will be proportionately reduced.
- Grant awarded will not exceed 80% of the sum applied for which will cover cost of airfare (economy), registration fees or visiting fellowship fees and hotel accommodation in reasonable standard accommodation. Sum applied for should not include living allowance or honorarium for daily expenses.
- Conference or meeting to be attended should be a meeting fully devoted to scientific topics and not one where there are large components of social or sporting activities associated.
- For visiting fellowships or teaching courses at specific sites, acceptance by the site or facility to be visited must first be obtained.
Conditions of use of visiting fellowship / travel grants
- The applicant as stated in the application will be the one responsible for complying with all conditions set out in this annex.
- Grant/Award recipients must use the grants/awards given for the specific research project as stated in the application.
- Grants/Awards may not be used for purposes not stated in the project application such as personal expenses, entertainment, etc.
- The applicant is responsible for submitting a report within 3 months of his return from the visiting fellowship/travel grant to the Trustees of the Trust Fund.
- Due acknowledgements must be given to the Singapore Radiological Society Trust Fund as the sponsor when publications of any sort are being made as the result of research arising from the grant given. (For example: "This research project is made possible by a research grant from the Singapore Radiological Society Trust Fund”)
- Upon request by the Singapore Radiological Society, the principal investigator will submit write-ups of his/her visiting fellowship/travel grant for the Singapore Radiological Society's use, either in newsletters or other publications.
- The grant recipient, where requested, to attend grant/award presentation ceremonies, give interviews to the press and magazines and make presentations of their research at conferences sponsored by the Singapore Radiological Society.
- The grants/awards approved will be disbursed in a number of installments deemed suitable by the Trustees.
- In the event that the visiting fellowship/travel grant is discontinued - whether temporarily or permanently - it is the responsibility of the applicant to inform the Trustees in writing, stating the reason(s). The balance of the research grant/award must also be refunded to the Singapore Radiological Society Trust Fund.
- All grant recipients are reminded that the Singapore Radiological Society Trust Fund is a charity and as such, every effort must be made to use the funds prudently.
Vp, business comprehend development and partnership programs jodi.